Due Dates & Fines
A library card is available without charge to any Ohio resident. You may apply for a card now online.
Each borrower is responsible for the return of the materials checked out on his or her own card; items kept beyond the due date incur fines. Fines for overdue materials will be attached to the borrower's record. Accumulated fines may affect the patron's ability to borrow material.
Fines - Wadsworth Public Library
Fines—Search Ohio Library materials
1. Overdue fines for materials borrowed from other Search Ohio Libraries are as follows:
a. All materials 50 cents per day
The Library typically sends an overdue notice when items are two (2) weeks overdue. Customers may opt to have their notices sent via e-mail, text message, or traditional mail. When items are four (4) weeks overdue, the Library sends a bill for the replacement cost of the item, plus a $2.00 processing fee.
The Library has contracted with a collection agency to assist in the retrieval of long overdue materials and to collect outstanding fines, bills, and/or fees from accounts. Customer accounts will be forwarded to the agency when:
- Items are six weeks overdue; and/or
- An account has fines, bills, and/or fees totaling $25.00 or more. A non-waivable $10.00 collection agency fee will added to each account that is forwarded to the collection agency.
Customers may avoid being sent to collection by:
- Renewing materials by calling the Library at 330-334-5761 or renewing online at www.wadsworthlibrary.com. Click on the “My Record” button at the top right side of the webpage.
- Promptly paying fines owed
- Reporting lost/misplaced materials as soon as possible
- Signing up for e-mail or text notification to receive reminder notices before materials are due.